IT Support Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/08/2019
Salary: £31,548 - £33,291 per annum
Redbridge Council is strengthening its IT Service Desk and Desktop support teams to improve the service we provide to our 3,000 customers. To succeed in this role you must be an experienced Service Desk support analyst with very strong technical skills, who wants to further develop their specialist knowledge in a Microsoft environment with a strong customer service ethos. This role is part of a large support team with collective responsibility for delivering excellent services.
Role overview and purpose:
- Ensuring effective IT services are delivered to all council users, internal and external.
- To investigate problems and underlying causes of systems failure and carry out testing and implementation of solutions.
- Delivering IT project related activity to implement technology change across the council.
The role holder will prioritise workload to ensure that the overall objectives of the service are achieved before those of any individual. A large part of the role is desk-based with shared responsibility for providing continuous cover for the service. Part of the role will involve working with customers face-to-face, in the IT department or at customer locations.
You will need to have:
- ITIL foundation or above
- Significant experience of IT or service desk support in a large, complex customer facing organisation
- Experience of using an ITSM tool for incidents and requests
- Proven experience in successfully delivering valued customer service
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office applications, Active Directory including GPO’s, O365 and Exchange administration, SCCM, In-Tune, VOIP telephony, Skype for business and PC hardware
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 15th September. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.