Organisational Design and Change Project Manager
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 30/08/2019
Salary: £36,673 - £42,320 per annum*
The Transformation team are at the heart of delivering DIT’s ambitious two-year Transformation Programme to improve financial management right across the department. This Programme is divided into three workstreams: Organisation Design and Change; Data and Systems; and Policy and Processes. Each workstream has a dedicated Grade 7 lead, supported by an SEO project manager. The team will be vital in ensuring the success of not only the transformation programme but how the department functions over the coming years.
The Grade 7 workstream lead for organisation and change will be responsible for the development and implementation of a new Target Operating Model for financial management. This lead will also be responsible for managing the business change to ensure that the new Target Operating Model is embedded with the desired benefits being realised.
The SEO Project Manager will, in support of this, will deliver several organisational change projects, helping the workstream lead to develop and implement a new Target Operating Model for financial management across DIT.
- Challenge the existing operating model, collecting feedback from key internal and external stakeholders.
- Drawing on best practice, assisting the development of a new Target Operating Model.
- Work closely with the Capability team, identifying and managing the impact of the proposed change on staff.
- Develop the narrative to describe the proposed benefits of the transition for both the organisation and the individuals who would be impacted.
- Facilitate a business change readiness review.
- Support the communications and engagement strategy.
- Support the transition to the new Target Operating Model.
- Support the workstream lead to pre-empt potential challenges.
- Ensure that the changes are embedded through ongoing communications and engagement.
- Gather and share lessons learned across the Civil Service.
- Experience of organisational change and leading projects to support this change.
- Managing business change using the appropriate tools and techniques.
- Experience of designing and managing/leading projects.
- Supporting the development and implementation of communications strategies.
- Engaging and influencing colleagues to accept and support the proposed change.
- Embedding change and realising benefits across a complex working environment.
- Experience of procuring services from third party suppliers
- Delivering change across geographically diverse organisations.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Self-starter who enjoys solving problems.
- Works collaboratively and sensitively with a wide range of different stakeholders.
- Challenges existing ways of working.
- Communicates and engages with technical subject matter experts.
- Establishes a network of contacts to gather best practice.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written. Ability to communicate complex technical issues in plain English.
- Builds momentum and delivers at pace.
Success Profiles Behaviours
- Changing and improving
- Working together
- Communicating and influencing
- Making effective deicsions
Please visit https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 for furhter information.
*plus £8,890 accountancy allowance