Business Support Lead
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 30/08/2019
Salary: £36,673 - £42,320 per annum*
The Business Support Centre of Excellence (BSCE) team centralises financial processes, transactions and business support services to help deliver high quality financial processes across DIT. The team provide financial and process support for teams across DIT to help manage and deliver DIT’s budget.
There are 5 x SEO BSCE Lead roles:
- Overseas Finance Lead
- Export and Investment Lead
- Chief Operating Officer Lead
- Ministerial Strategy, Digital, and Communications & Marketing Lead
- Trade Policy Group Lead
These roles will work closely with the Finance Business Partners within DIT, managing a team to provide financial support and undertaking financial processes for the groups. In addition, each Business Support Lead will also be the Department’s lead for a specific financial process or set of processes, developing best practice and championing innovation in the way the processes are delivered. The roles are line managed by the G7 Head of Business Support Centre of Excellence, with a dotted line to the appropriate Finance Business Partner.
- Manage and lead a team that provides finance and business support to a group or number of groups within DIT;
- Through the team, undertake all the financial processes for the appointed areas of DIT. Financial processes include: requisitioning, receipting, journals, reconciliations, forecasting
- Be the DIT Finance Lead for one or more financial processes, leading on the delivery of the process(es) and developing consistent and best practice for the process across the Business Support Centre of Excellence (BSCE) team.
- Be the first point of contact within Finance for budget holders within Groups, meeting with budget holders regularly to discuss financial processes and ensuring Groups budgets, actuals and forecasts are correct.
- Build a knowledge of the areas of the Department for which they are responsible, understanding the financial and performance issues and propose ways to improve financial performance
- Manage relationships with stakeholders across the Department
- Working within the Finance Team to agree budgets within the Department’s spending envelope.
- Ensuring delegated authority letters are issued and kept up to date
- Embedding a value for money culture within the department and supporting financial decisions through the provision of advice and challenge.
- Delivering insightful and timely financial information to budget holders
- Support Finance Business Partners in ensuring the Group’s finance data is accurate and timely
- Line management responsibilities for a team of up to 3 people at HEO and EO grades
- Experience of financial management and reporting.
- Experience of leading and developing a team of people
- Experience of using Prism or working with FCO systems
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can build highly effective teams and influential relationships.
- A broad skill base with a focus on delivering financial processes and information through innovative solutions.
- A credible and authentic leader, with the ability, engage and motivate people to deliver results.
- Able and willing to make difficult decisions and stand by them,
- Able to communicate effectively to inspire your team and stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate the confidence, composure and credibility needed to challenge the way activities are delivered
- Recognise change as an opportunity to deliver efficiency and innovation acting as an agent for change when you identify the chance to protect, drive and add value.
Success Profiles Behaviours
- Communicating and influencing
- Making effective decisions
- Changing and improving
- Working Together
To note: for the Overseas Finance Lead role, SC security clearance is a requirement of this post and an offer of employment will be subject to receiving this level of clearance.
Please visit: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019 for more information.
*plus £8,890 accountancy allowance