Finance Officer – OSCAR and Estimates
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 30/08/2019
Salary: £30,561 - £34,173 per annum*
The Financial Accounts team lead on the production of DIT’s financial accounts, DIT’s relationship with the National Audit Office (NAO) and advise DIT’s Financial Controller on the department’s delivery within its Control Totals. The team are also critical in embedding high quality financial accounting controls practices and processes in DIT, within and beyond the Finance team.
This role is high profile and play an important role in embedding high quality financial accounts and processes in the Department. The post holder will be key in delivering enhanced financial competence and capability across DIT.
- Overseeing all Online System for Central Accounting and Reporting (OSCAR) reporting, forecasts, estimates, workforce pay remit.
- Supporting on the production of the Supply Estimate process.
- Contributing to the year-end process through close liaison with the Financial Accounts Team.
- Working with Finance Business Partners to ensure data is correctly presented to ensure its fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that all financial allocations are correct and in line with HM Treasury expectations, working with Financial Planning colleagues to make corrections where required.
- Cash management
- Support the management of the
- Chart of Accounts
- No line management.
- Full study support of your finance qualifications (including AAT, CIMA, CIPFA ACCA and ACA)
- Civil Service pension
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home 1 day a week
- A heavy emphasis on CPD including 5 L&D days per year
- Experience of the Estimates process
- Experience of using the OSCAR interface
- Knowledge of government accounting practices
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- A high level of attention to detail and quality assurance when undertaking tasks
- A commitment to continuous improvement, always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
- Able to deliver to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work, and be able to escalate concerns and issues at the appropriate time
For more information about these roles please visit our dedicated Microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019
Or contact Emma Jaggs – 02039780998 / firstname.lastname@example.org
*plus £6,826 (fully qualified) / £2,508 (part-qualified) accountancy allowance