Finance Officer x5
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 30/08/2019
Salary: £25,218 - £28,922 per annum*
The Business Support Centre of Excellence (BSCE) team centralises financial processes, transactions and business support services to help deliver high quality financial processes across DIT. The team provide financial and process support for teams across DIT to help manage and deliver DIT’s budget.
There are 5 roles available.
These roles will work closely with other members of the BSCE team to provide financial support and undertake financial processes for the groups within the Department. Each Finance Officer will have the opportunity to develop new and better ways the processes are delivered, helping the entire team improve the way the Department’s finances are managed and delivered. As such, the roles provide an opportunity to both deliver and improve financial processes.
- Undertake specific financial processes and transactions for an area of DIT
- Deliver the processes in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with other members of the Centre of Excellence to deliver processes consistently and as per best practice
- Escalate issues at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Suggest areas of improvement for ways that processes could be better delivered.
No line management.
- Full study support of your finance qualifications (including AAT, CIMA, CIPFA ACCA and ACA)
- Civil Service pension
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home 1 day a week
- A heavy emphasis on CPD including 5 L&D days per year’
- Experience of working as part of a team to support organisational objectives
- Experience of delivering financial processes and working with Oracle (or equivalent) financial systems
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- A high level of attention to detail and quality assurance when undertaking tasks
- A commitment to continuous improvement, always looking for new and better ways of doing things.
- Able to deliver to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work, and be able to escalate concerns and issues at the appropriate time
For more information about these roles please visit our dedicated Microsite – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dit2019
Or contact Emma Jaggs – 02039780998 / email@example.com
*plus £1,255 – £2,508 (part-qualified) accountancy allowance