Date posted: 27/09/2019
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per annum
Southbank Centre is the UK’s largest arts centre and one of the UK’s top five visitor attractions, occupying a 17 acre site that sits in the midst of London’s most vibrant cultural quarter on the South Bank of the Thames. We exist to present great cultural experiences that bring people together and we achieve this by providing the space for artists to create and present their best work and by creating a place where as many people as possible can come together to experience bold, unusual and eye-opening work. We want to take people out of the everyday, every day.
The site has an extraordinary creative and architectural history stretching back to the 1951 Festival of Britain. Southbank Centre is made up of the Royal Festival Hall, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and Hayward Gallery as well as being home to the National Poetry Library and the Arts Council Collection. It is also home to four Resident Orchestras (London Philharmonic Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, London Sinfonietta and Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment) and four Associate Orchestras (Aurora Orchestra, BBC Concert Orchestra, Chineke! Orchestra and National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain).
We are looking for a Financial Controller to lead the financial accounting team and play a key role in the overall financial management of Southbank Centre.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the development and delivery of the financial accounting function and providing successful leadership to the team
- Being responsible for statutory reporting and cashflow forecasting; ensuring compliance with accounting, tax and charity law and regulation
- Leading the external financial reporting and audit process and relationship with Auditors
- Maintaining, developing and embedding appropriate and effective financial systems, policies and procedures across the organisation and ensure these are effectively communicated
- Working with the Finance Director and Head of Financial Business Partnering lead a co-ordinated finance department and promote it as a collaborative partner across the organisation.
- Motivating and developing a medium sized team.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience of the UK charity or not for profit sector, with advanced knowledge of SORP and charity VAT. You will have robust technical skills and a proactive approach. You will have experience of leading a team and will have a collegiate management style. You will have confidence in working with people at all levels of the organisation, the ability to understand the viewpoints of non-finance staff and ability to be flexible where possible but firm where necessary.
We present work for everyone and we welcome applications from everyone. By attracting people to work for us from a broad range of backgrounds with diverse attitudes, opinions and beliefs, we can continue to look at the world with fresh eyes and find new ways of doing things.
Closing date: Sunday, 13th October
Shortlist: Friday 18th October
Interviews: w/c Monday, 21st October
For further information, please visit our dedicated microsite: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/southbankcentre
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to SouthbankCentre@allenlane.co.uk by Sunday 13th October. For an informal discussion regarding the roles, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney on 0203 5428393 or BryonyFeeney@allenlane.co.uk
An early application is highly recommended.