Interim Senior Policy Adviser (Economy, Education, Health, EU Exit)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 30/09/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £350 - £400 per day
A Local Authority oversight body is currently looking to recruit for an Interim Senior Policy Advisor, to cover one of the following areas – Economy, Education, Health, EU Exit.
To design and deliver a programme of work for politicians, its committees and members, leading teams of staff and providing substantive policy guidance, in order to maximise the impact and effectiveness of its members.
- To work closely with the Assistant Director to set and deliver priority areas of work for the Scrutiny team.
- To lead staff within the Scrutiny team on work for committees and the members as a whole, to deliver high quality research, analysis, briefings, advice and outputs to and for members and its committees.
- To form effective working relationships with staff across the Authority and external stakeholders in order to maximise the impact and effectiveness of members scrutiny and investigations work.
- To play a lead role in the Secretariat for the delivery of the Directorate’s business plan and strategic goals, to ensure the members impact and profile is measurably improved over time.
- To be accountable for the impact, timeliness and effectiveness of the policy and scrutiny work for the advisor’s relevant research area.
- Proven experience of one or more of the following policy areas Economy, Education, Health and EU Exit, with a strong focus on critical thinking and a focus on results
- Knowledge and understanding of political, policy and governance issues relating to London and the UK more widely.
- Experience establishing and successfully carrying out a programme of policy projects.
- Experience leading project teams and delivering complex projects to tight deadlines.
- Experience of operating effectively in a political environment.
- Degree or equivalent experience.