Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 02/10/2019
Salary: £31,800 - £43,000 per annum
Kensington and Chelsea is a unique and vibrant place to work, nestled in the heart of London. Although one of the smallest London boroughs, we are one of the most densely populated in the country. The Council, its policies and leadership has changed significantly; putting residents first is now at the heart of everything we do. Working in partnership, listening to and valuing the personal experiences of people in our communities, we will act with openness, honesty, compassion and humility.
Our support services play a key role in helping the whole Council work to the best of its ability and ensure the Council can deliver on its priorities. Within that the Financial Management function has undergone some major changes including moving to a centralised finance function and implementing a new finance system. The priorities over the next two years are addressing the financial challenges facing the Council and embedding a culture of business partnering and adding value.
Each Management Accountant will provide financial management information, advice and accounting support to designated service areas within the Business Group. Key responsibilities include:
- Play a major role in delivering key financial processes: – budget setting, in-year forecasting and closure of the accounts;
- Providing a full financial support function for the designated areas, including ad hoc financial advice;
- Supporting the Finance Business Partner as required;
- Ensuring financial regulations are being observed by officers;
- Liaising with key contacts in other local authorities and across the public sector in relation to external funding and grant claims; and
- Co-ordination or production of key reports including statutory returns.
To be suitable for the role you need to be either AAT qualified (or working towards) or have significant relevant experience with a proven track record of adding value and excellent team working. Great communication skills and the ability to advise and challenge senior management is essential, whilst exposure within a Local Government or Public Sector setting is highly desirable.
For more information about RBKC, the interview processes and to see the job description please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/RBKC2019 .
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to RBKC@allenlane.co.uk by 21st October. The cover letter should be no more then 2 pages and should include why you are interested in the position and why you believe you are suitable.
We want to recruit people who share our values – putting communities first, integrity, respect and working together.