Date posted: 02/10/2019
Salary: Up to £56,234 per annum*
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work. Our organisation currently reaches from North Tyneside to London, Greater Manchester to South Yorkshire and Kent.
We are looking for a motivated Financial Controller with robust technical skills to lead a best in class financial control function and provide high quality support to the finance team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the preparation of year end financial reporting, annual statutory audit process and preparing reports for the Finance, Audit and Compliance Committee;
- Implementing policies and procedures to ensure best practice and managing the financial and operational risk of the organisation;
- Ensuring the month end timetable is adhered to, making sure that all bank and control account reconciliations have been carried out and that other month end procedures have been duly completed;
- Developing effective financial systems, reviewing and streamlining controls and processes, including greater automation/ integration with other business systems;
- Motivating and developing a small team.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience of the UK charity or not for profit sector, with advanced knowledge of Charity SORP. You will have robust technical skills and a proactive approach. You will have management experience and the ability to lead and motivate a high performing team. Experience in the development of efficient business systems would be highly beneficial.
Closing date:Sunday, 20th October
Shortlist: Friday 25th October
Interviews: w/c Monday, 28th October
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Depaul@allenlane.co.uk by Sunday 20th October. For an informal discussion regarding the roles, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney on 0203 5428393 or BryonyFeeney@allenlane.co.uk
An early application is highly recommended.
*Inclusive of London weighting plus pension & other benefits