Head of Procurement
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 03/12/2019
Salary: Up to £90,000 per annum*
*Salary includes market supplement
We are proud to be supporting oneSource in their search for an ambitious and forward thinking Head of Procurement to lead and shape the procurement service. You will be responsible for developing and building a team to ultimately provide a truly strategic function. This really is a unique opportunity to deliver genuine value across their influenceable spend of c £500m and comes with strong senior support.
You will drive continuous improvement within the team and develop a strategy that delivers to the Councils’ objectives and a wider transformation. To be successful you will:-
- Provide clear, effective leadership and direction to the Service, including the effective management and development of staff
- At a strategic level, formulate and implement a high performing, well regarded and consistent proposition that will see procurement routinely engaged at the early stages of business planning.
- Build strong relationships across both councils; providing expert and professional advice to members and senior leaders as part of policy and practice development.
- Drive exceptional collaboration across the relevant authorities whilst delivering local needs
- Develop services with an innovative and creative approach through high level engagement
- Develop quality and effective procurement systems and processes
- Deliver significant cost savings along with other value added activity, including social value, supporting each council’s corporate priorities.
To take this role on, you must be an exceptional leader and have a track record in driving genuine change at pace but with a robust platform at the heart of it. You must be able to demonstrate being able to influence at a senior level which has ultimately improved performance and significantly raised the profile of the role that procurement has played within an organisation. You must have exceptional engagement skills at a senior level to develop sustainable relationships; can challenge at all levels and develop a talented and diverse workforce.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please head to our dedicated microsite here: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/onesource
For an informal confidential discussion about the role please contact Vicky Power on 020 3031 9639. CV’s and supporting statement of no more than 2 sides) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 23rd October. Your application should include the completed diversity monitoring form or might not be considered.