Band 8C Head of Management Accounting
Date posted: 09/10/2019
Salary: £68,554 - £79,374 per annum*
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust are looking for a Head of Management Accounting to join their finance team. The Foundation Trust has revenues of circa £55m, employs over 700 people and for almost 100 years has been committed to improving mental health, emotional wellbeing and gender dysphoria for children, families and adults. They aim to spread their way of thinking and practice through devising and delivering high quality clinical services, the provision of training and education, research, organisational consulting and influencing public debate. The finance team is close-knit and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to work a broad and varied role, as well as manage your own team of three people.
Head of Management Accounting Job Description:
The management accounting team is the function within the Finance Department which works most closely with operational managers to set, monitor and manage Trust finances and, as such, is critical to the ability of the Trust to attain its key short and long term strategic and business objectives.
Working closely with the Director of Financial Operations and the Director of Finance, the post holder will be responsible for the leadership and performance of the management accounting function of the Trust, ensuring that the function supports the Trust in the delivery of its key strategic and business objectives, that systems and processes are fit for purpose and that staff are trained and equipped to deliver the necessary support and services to other Trust departments.
The key elements of the role include:
- Influencing strategic decision making within the Trust through the provision of business and financial advice to Budget Holders and Directorate Directors, including the Clinical Chief Operating Officer, the Head of Education and Training and the Medical Director.
- Analysing, interpreting and comparing highly complex information in the production of major business cases to ensure the business and clinical objectives of the Trust are achieved. Supporting the production of business cases in respect of service developments within the Trust and with partner organisations.
- Working with Trust Directors to ensure that savings and efficiency projects are accurately identified both at a planning and delivery phase. Ensure that financial expertise and acumen is deployed in the achievement of transformation projects.
- Responsible for development of Trust costing and pricing systems and, in particular, for development and implementation of the Trust’s NHSI/E-mandated Patient Level Costing System.
- Managing and overseeing the management accounting function.
- Preparing policies and procedures for the Finance directorate and the wider Trust, relevant to the remit of the management accounting function.
- Deputising for the Director of Financial Operations, in their finance capacity, as necessary.
Head of Management Accounting Person Specification:
The Head of Management Accounting role requires a CCAB qualified accountant with post qualification experience as a Senior Management Accountant, Finance Business Partner or Head of Management Accounting. It is essential that this person has previous experience delivering robust budgets and forecasts, delivering high quality presentations to non-finance audiences, and working with Senior Managers and Directors.
You do not need to have NHS experience to be considered for this role; however, NHS employees are welcomed. It is important to be able to demonstrate the versatility of supporting your team with the detail, as well as influencing senior management team with strategy.
Head of Management Accounting Package:
- Band: 8c £68,554 – £79,374* (*inclusive of London weighting)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working
- Annual Recognition Awards
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
- Excellent Pension Scheme:1% (or above at Band 8c)
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Car parking facilities and season ticket loan
- Bike racks and showers
To find out more information about the organisation, the role and to receive the full job description, please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane who is managing this campaign and will share details on how to apply.
Contact details: email@example.com or 0203 056 1390.
Applications close on Monday 28th October and interviews will follow shortly after. EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
*Inclusive of London weighting