Assistant Financial Accountant
Date posted: 11/10/2019
Salary: £25,489 - £28,513 per annum*
Formed in 2007, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country with over 12,000 staff, a turnover of £1.2bn and net assets in excess of £485m. The Trust provides acute and specialist healthcare in North West London for around 1.2m people every year.
The Trust has five main hospital sites which all have a long track record of success in research and education, as well as influencing clinical practice nationally and worldwide. They also have a growing number of community services and provide private healthcare to increase the funds available for NHS services.
In the face of financial challenges the Trust continues to improve its financial position whilst maintaining and improving service quality. The Trust are also a nominated trust in the Health Infrastructure Plan which will lead to a major redevelopment of all its key sites in the coming years, as well as exciting collaborations with the wider health sector in North and West London.
With a rich heritage and an ambitious vision for the future, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust are looking for exceptional talent to join their finance team and make a real difference that will improve the service we provide and in turn deliver excellent patient care.
Assistant Financial Accountant Job Description:
The Assistant Financial Accountant provides support to enable an efficient, effective and comprehensive capital accounting function within the Trust. Their role is to undertake the timely and accurate posting of transactions in the ledger, and to ensure that financial controls are maintained whilst also assisting in ensuring the completion of statutory accounts and monthly financial returns.
The key elements of the role include:
- Post standard accruals and journals, prepare reconciliations, clear suspense and control accounts, prepare standard reports and undertake analysis
- Providing assurance on the integrity of the ledger, resolve issues around coding and reconciliations, and support the production of timely and value-adding reporting.
- Being accountable to the Financial Accountant for adherence to the Trust financial policies and procedures, statutory requirements and requirements from the Department of Health.
- To support the Financial Accountant to ensure that internal and external audit recommendations relating to financial procedures and systems are implemented.
- Take responsibility for own development and proactively seek and take advantage of opportunities to enhance knowledge, skills and experience.
Assistant Financial Accountant Person Specification:
This is an ideal role for someone looking to build solid foundations for a career in finance. The role is a key support to the financial accounts team but there is huge scope to develop in it and gain extensive and widely transferable knowledge and skills.
The Assistant Financial Accountant must be educated to A Level standard (or other appropriate qualifications). Training and development is provided but the post holder must be computer literate and be comfortable using MS Office, particularly Excel, to work effectively in a finance environment and also have a good level of numeracy and ability to work with and interpret numerical and financial data.
This person will be self-motivated and have experience working autonomously as well as within a team.
The Trust’s vales incorporate being KIND, COLLABORATIVE, EXPERT and ASPIRATIONAL. The Trust endeavours to live its values so it is important that this person’s values are inline with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Assistant Financial Accountant Package:
- Band 4 £25,489 – £28,513* (*inclusive of London weighting)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working
- Annual Recognition Awards
- Excellent personal development, training and education opportunities
- Excellent Pension Scheme:27.2% – 29.4% (at Band 4 level)
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Car lease scheme and season ticket loan
To find out more information about the organisation, the role and to receive the full job descriptions, please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on email@example.com or 0203 056 1390 and visit our dedicated microsite: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/imperial-bc
Applications close on Sunday 3rd NOVEMBER and interviews will follow shortly after. EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.