Senior Financial Accountant
Date posted: 11/10/2019
Salary: £44,347 - £50,549 per annum*
Formed in 2007, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country with over 12,000 staff, a turnover of £1.2bn and net assets in excess of £485m. The Trust provides acute and specialist healthcare in North West London for around 1.2m people every year.
The Trust has five main hospital sites which all have a long track record of success in research and education, as well as influencing clinical practice nationally and worldwide. They also have a growing number of community services and provide private healthcare to increase the funds available for NHS services.
In the face of financial challenges the Trust continues to improve its financial position whilst maintaining and improving service quality. The Trust are also a nominated trust in the Health Infrastructure Plan which will lead to a major redevelopment of all its key sites in the coming years, as well as exciting collaborations with the wider health sector in North and West London.
With a rich heritage and an ambitious vision for the future, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust are looking for exceptional talent to join their finance team and make a real difference that will improve the service we provide and in turn deliver excellent patient care.
Senior Financial Accountant Job Description:
The Senior Financial Accountants are key roles in the Finance Directorate, with responsibility for providing support to enable an efficient, effective and comprehensive technical accounting support function within the Trust thereby ensuring reliability of reported figures. There are two vacancies, one of which focuses on capital accounting and the other focuses on other areas of the balance sheet including cash and VAT. Both roles also contribute significantly to process improvement and financial reporting best practice.
The key elements of the role include:
- Delivering high quality accounting services which achieve targets for timeliness, accuracy and financial control. Ensuring integrity of financial ledger, consistency of financial data.
- Maintaining the integrity of the financial systems within the Trust
- Assisting in ensuring the accurate and timely completion of statutory monthly returns and annual accounts and supporting the external audit process
- Providing assurance on the integrity of the ledger and high level quality timely accounting reporting
- Management and leadership of two colleagues, supporting and developing them to achieve high-performance and implement process improvements
Senior Financial Accountant Person Specification:
The Senior Financial Accountant role requires a CCAB qualified accountant or a professional with 3 years of financial accounting experience. It is essential that this person has knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, financial reporting standards and is technically competent with good accounting and analytical skills. An appetite for change and improvement is also important.
You do not need to have NHS experience to be considered for this role, however, experience working in a large, complex organisations is beneficial.
The Trust’s vales incorporate being KIND, COLLABORATIVE, EXPERT and ASPIRATIONAL. The Trust endeavours to live its values so it is important that this person’s values are inline with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Senior Financial Accountant Package:
- Band 7 £44,347 – £50,549* (*inclusive of London weighting)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working
- Annual Recognition Awards
- Excellent personal development, training and education opportunities
- Excellent Pension Scheme: 29.4% – 33.1% (at Band 7 level)
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Car lease scheme and season ticket loan
To find out more information about the organisation, the role and to receive the full job descriptions, please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 056 1390 and visit our dedicated microsite: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/imperial-bc
Applications close on SUNDAY 3rd NOVEMBER and interviews will follow shortly after. EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.