Interim Finance Business Partner
Sector: Local Government
Location: South West
Date posted: 17/10/2019
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £700 per day
A Local Authority are currently looking to recruit an Interim Finance Business Partner to manage the financial relationship between the council and its fully owned subsidiary companies
- Leading on and supporting the financial aspects of the Council’s green programme and its procurement process (CCR procurement route). The programme is a joint venture opportunity attracting national and international inward investments up to £1b over the next 10-20 years.
- Liaising with external consultants on the programme (e.g. EY) and potential bidders, leading on and providing the financial assurance to Council’s senior offices and members.
- Working closely with subsidiary Companies’ FDs in providing the financial due diligence on companies’ business plans and providing assurance to the Council.
- Good understanding of local authorities and with a Place focus.
- Good understanding of Ltd Companies and understanding of group companies structure and operations.
- Good understanding of both public and private investment models.
- The ability to liaise /commission activities from the wider multi-disciplinary finance team to complete actions on projects in a timely manner.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of legal and procurement related topics such as state aid and CCR are desirable.
You will be CCAB qualified and have the financial and commercial acumen to lead and challenge assumptions, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, skills to lead and navigate difficult conversions meanwhile build contractive relationships and carry out the financial stewardship role.
The client is looking for an ASAP start.