Interim Senior Technical Accountant Local
Sector: Local Government
Location: East of England
Date posted: 17/10/2019
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £550 - £650 per day
A Local Authority in East Anglia are seeking an interim senior technical accountant for a period of 3-6 months to add capacity to the corporate finance function and to contribute to a wide range of financial activities.
Reporting directly to the Interim S151 Officer, you will have strong technical accounting skills and be hands on as well as being able to operate at a senior level. Working collaboratively and flexibly as part of the team is essential. You will also be keen to share your expertise of local government finance with us so that we can also improve the service we deliver.
You must be CCAB qualified with broad experience of working within finance in a local government setting, including the delivery of treasury management and statutory financial accounts production.
The main aspects of the role will include:
- Overseeing the delivery of treasury management and tax advice (we have external advisers to support), including production of statutory treasury management papers;
- Contribute to the finalisation of the 2020/21 budget;
- Contribute to the development of a medium term strategic borrowing plan for the council given its capital ambition to build new HRA homes and continuing to invest in commercial property;
- Delivering aspects of the Council’s statutory financial accounting and reporting requirements, including collection fund accounting;
- Preparing for the first accounts closedown on a new financial system;
- Ensuring preparations are in place for the implementation of IFRS 16;
- Supporting other corporate projects as required.