SEO Finance Business Partner x 2
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 18/10/2019
Salary: £43,166 per annum*
One post will be responsible for the Deterrent capability, comprising the DREADNOUGHT submarine platform and associated programmes.
The other post will be responsible for the ASTUTE submarine programme, studies into the successor to ASTUTE, nuclear propulsion, and the decommissioning of submarines at the end of their useful lives.
As an SEO Finance Business Partner, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the long term planning of part of the Submarine Equipment Programme, ensuring it is accurately costed over the coming decade and that it represents a realistic and value for money way of delivering an effective nuclear deterrent capability.
- Providing financial advice, guidance and inputs to support Investment Appraisals, Business Cases and Review Notes, working alongside the Submarine Delivery Agency and Cost Assurance Services to provide and assure the necessary data.
- Providing financial outputs for their business areas to support decision making by analysing in year and long term financial forecasts, identification and management of financial risks and reconciling programme demands with wider affordability constraints by providing recommendations to increase/decrease expenditure requirements.
- Providing financial advice to colleagues on matters such as risk, efficiency and effective internal controls (consulting experts when needed).
- Experience in the provision of financial information to support Investment Appraisals and Business Cases
- Experience of in year financial management and/or long term financial planning.
- Experience of developing, drafting and presenting effective and technically complex financial information to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- The following would be advantageous but full training and support will be provided:
- Knowledge of central government accounting and budgeting
- Knowledge of defence and/or nuclear issues
The following technical requirements are essential to the post and will be assessed during sift and the interview:
- Candidates should hold a CCAB or equivalent professional finance qualification or be willing to work towards one.
- MOD Financial Competency – Practitioner Level
- 2 – Governance
- 3 – Financial Planning
- 4 – In Year Financial Management
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
We are currently recruiting a number of finance positions at the Ministry of Defence. This includes a total of 8 SEO Finance Business partners at the same salary bracket and an additional 5 business partnering vacancies at more senior levels. For more details about this role & other positions please visit our dedicated micro-site – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/ministryofdefence
For an initial discussion about the role please get in touch with Emma Jaggs – 02039780998 / MOD@allenlane.co.uk
*plus £3000 accountancy allowance (CCAB or equivalent qualified), London Weighting is also payable