SEO Finance Business Partner x 4
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 18/10/2019
Salary: £43,166 - £45,294 per annum*
The finance business partners play a key role in ensuring the sound financial management of Joint Forces Command’s (FCO) operating cost budget and its Equipment and Infrastructure Programmes, working with a wide range of stakeholders including in the Command’s subordinate organisations, the Command’s equipment capability development specialists and infrastructure experts, and the Ministry of Defence’s delivery organisations: Defence Equipment and Support, Information Services and Support, and the Defence Infrastructure Organisation, these roles are critical to the provision of decision quality financial information and advice to the Director of Resources and Commander JFC.
All posts require the posts holders to develop a deep understanding of JFC’s business through dialogue and interaction with all areas of the Command.
- Managing the financial position of the JFC Equipment Programme in conjunction with the Heads of Capability and finance and project staffs in the DE&S and ISS;
- Managing the financial position of the JFC operating cost budget in conjunction with budget holders and their finance staffs;
- Managing the production of JFC’s monthly return to MOD, including the forecast of outturn, variance narratives, and risk and fade information;
- Reviewing the operating cost budget and equipment and infrastructure programmes on a quarterly basis to ensure the 10-year plan is taut and realistic;
- Providing financial and programming advice to the Heads of Capability and their staffs;
- Reviewing business cases prior to their presentation to the JFC or MOD Investment Approvals Committee to ensure affordability and coherence with the wider JFC programme;
- Managing JFC’s Supplementary and Main Estimate returns in line with HMT guidance; and
- Providing support on Financial Accounting and technical and systems issues.
- These posts also come with the opportunity for line management responsibilities.
- The roles report to the JFC Assistant Heads of Finance responsible for Planning and Efficiency and In Year Management and Financial Accounting
The successful candidates should possess drive, strong inter-personal skills, the ability to build positive and productive relationships and be willing to embrace change and a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency delivery. Strong advocates of leadership at all levels, the successful candidates will act as role models in leadership across Joint Force Command, measured by the Civil Service Leadership principles of:
- Inspiring about our work and its future
- Confident in our engagement
- Empowering our teams to deliver
Specific experience and achievements should include:
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise effectively in a fast-paced environment
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes:
- Experience of Government finance is desirable but not essential.
- Financial literacy, experience of financial systems and strong Excel skills as the efficient manipulation of significant amounts of data is necessary in all posts.
- A professional financial qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Delivering at Pace
- Changing and Improving
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Making Effective Decisions
We are currently recruiting a number of finance positions at the Ministry of Defence. This includes a total of 8 SEO Finance Business partners at the same salary bracket and an additional 5 business partnering vacancies at more senior levels. For more details about this role & other positions please visit our dedicated micro-site – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/ministryofdefence
For an initial discussion about the role please get in touch with Emma Jaggs – 02039780998 / MOD@allenlane.co.uk
*plus £3000 accountancy allowance (CCAB qualified)