Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 22/10/2019
Salary: £47,046 - £51,573 per annum*
Metropolitan Police exist to make life in London safer for all the people they serve. Their vision is to make London the safest global city, be the best crime-fighters, by any measure, earn the trust and confidence of every community and take pride in the quality of their service. They have been going through large scale change over the last couple of year, with an ambitious transformation project that has already made a huge improvement to the way they work, and the way they police, but there is still more to do. The finance department continues to play a key role in this and they are looking to recruit five Finance Analysts to support this further.
The Finance Analysts will support the Strategic Finance Business Partner and the Deputy Finance Business Partner in ensuring that the MPS achieves value for money and maximises value from the services it delivers while meeting the needs of the Business. This will be achieved by helping provide insight and support, mainly at an operational level, highlighting potential risks/opportunities and identifying options to drive continuous cost reductions and performance improvement within the reducing budget envelope. Key responsibility will include:
- Supporting the Deputy Finance Business Partner in providing the MPS Executive with value added and timely analysis.
- Building strong relationships with the Business Groups in order to influence and deliver value for the MPS through the implementation of the financial strategy.
- Supporting the Deputy Finance Business Partner with the design, build and maintenance of costing models that address structure and service issues.
- Provide support for projects including business and strategic planning, investment appraisals, acquisitions, disposals and contract bids.
- Assist managers and Strategic and Corporate Finance in producing and managing the group budget and strategic plan process.
To be suitable for the role you need to be a motivated, forward thinking and determined qualified or finalist level accountant with the ability to develop relationships and influence stakeholders. Proven experience of adding value and making improvements is essential.
For more information an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Matthew Swindell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9638. To apply, please send your CV and supporting statement (A maximum of 2 pages) to email@example.com by Monday 18th November.
Interviews will happen the week commencing Monday 2nd December.
*plus inner London allowance of £2,623