Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 25/10/2019
Salary: £52,482 - £58,779 per annum
Help shape the future of finance at Barnet
Barnets finance team are well on their way with a transformation journey, after insourcing the finance service, earlier in the year, they are now shaping the team and their service offering to best meet the Council’s aspirations. They have developed a new vision “To drive impact and create a better Barnet through innovative financial leadership”, and have since developed a fit-for-purpose structure and business plan to guide them along their journey.
They know to achieve their goals they need the support of their people and are therefore committed to investing in, developing and empowering the finance team. They want to develop a team that strives for excellence looking at continuous improvements and innovation. To do this they need a team that believes in collaboration, sharing knowledge, skills and experience across the team to achieve their goals.
To support this they are recruiting a number of roles across the finance service. They are looking for innovative individuals passionate about moving away from traditional accounting and focusing instead on adding value, looking at continuous improvement and accelerating pace. It is certainly a time of great opportunity and the roles promise a brand new challenge with many rewards. Included in the roles to be recruited are 8 Finance Managers supporting various departments across technical accounting, business partnering, treasury and systems.
The Finance Manager are expected to be a professional leads within their area of finance, providing expertise and high quality financial services to senior stakeholders, proactively contribute to the achievement of the finance service’s vision, and contribute towards an innovative, high performance and continuous improvement culture. This will cover aspects including:
- Informing a strategic vision for the future development of the service that enables the council to meet its future challenges.
- Contributing towards the development and implementation of the Council’s financial strategy, fundamentally ensuring sustainability over the medium term.
- Working closely with all stakeholders to ensure best use of limited financial resources, providing the strategic financial advice, insight, intelligence and support needed.
- Continually reviewing, updating and reporting on financial risks and opportunities, advising how the risks can be mitigated and the opportunities exploited .
- Promoting a culture which empowers budget holders and supports the delivery of value for money services and knowledge of key cost drivers.
- Preparing and presenting informative, high quality reports to senior stakeholders that aid in informed service and corporate decision making.
To be suitable for these roles you need to be a highly motivated, customer focused qualified accountant with a proven track record of driving through change and improvements.
For more information on the roles and Barnet Council please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/barnet. For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Matthew Swindell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9638.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday 18th November. The cover letter should be no more then 2 pages and should include why you are interested in the position and why you believe you are suitable.