SCCM Build Engineer
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 25/10/2019
Salary: £39,774 - £42,684 per annum
Providing Redbridge Council’s customers with reliable IT equipment which meets their business needs is the foundation of their service. In this role you will take the lead in creating PC builds which enable them to do this, and you will decide how to keep those builds up to date in their evolving IT environment. Your expert knowledge of PC systems will make you a key member of the team in dealing with problem resolution and in decisions about the future roadmap for the IT estate.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To provide the council with stable, secure and high-performing PC configurations.
- To maintain the currency of PCs configurations including security updates and software application and operating systems updates.
- To provide guidance and leadership to less experienced colleagues, ensuring that customers are able to make productive use of council PCs at all times
- Build PC configurations using the council’s chosen software (SCCM) which meet the needs of multiple customer groups. Deploy these configurations as needed in physical and virtual environments and deal with any system/performance problems which arise.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
The role is part of a support team with collective responsibility for delivery of excellent services to customers. The role holder will prioritise workload to ensure that the overall objectives of the service are achieved before those of any individual. A large part of the role is desk-based with shared responsibility for providing continuous cover for the service. Part of the role will involve working with customers face-to-face, in the IT department or at customer locations.
You will have:
- SCCM qualification or equivalent experience
- ITIL level 2 minimum
- Relevant technical qualifications e.g. Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSA/MCSD
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane