Head of Finance, Development and Enterprises
Date posted: 23/12/2019
The Royal Opera House’s aim is for many more people to enjoy and engage in exceptional ballet and opera. The Development and Enterprises Department is based within the 2.5 acre building in Covent Garden, which is also home to around 1000 staff comprising all the business services, artists, musicians, designers, learning team and technical and craft teams.
As with all charities and businesses, we currently face significant external challenges. However, as an organisation we remain committed to art, artists and audiences and have ambitious plans that will be realised in significant part via continued growth from the work of our Development and Enterprises Department. Revenue income across these two areas in our last financial year was £33m and during that year we also concluded a capital campaign and building project, opening our new public spaces and theatre.
We are looking for a dynamic finance professional to provide strategic business and financial support for the Development and Enterprises team.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Providing full financial support for the Development and Enterprise department across all fundraising and commercial activity;
- Collaborating on strategic thinking, communication, implementation and monitoring of the Department’s business plan;
- Ensuring good governance, and at the same time, handle all aspects of compliance and ensure all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Presenting at Board level and working with a wide range of stakeholders including Board members, funders, sponsors, investment managers, finance team and non-financial areas of the business;
- Ensuring that the department’s management and financial information is of the highest integrity and quality with appropriate financial controls.
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills from the Charity or Arts sector. You will have a strong sense of commercial acumen and an analytical mind-set. We are looking for somebody with the ability to ‘think outside the box’ and assimilate data into meaningful financial information. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.
Application deadline Sunday 10th November
Shortlisting w/c 18th November
Stage 1 interviews 28th/29th November
Stage 2 interviews 2nd/3rd December
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV and supporting statement to ROH@allenlane.co.uk or contact Bryony Feeney on 02035428393 for an informal conversation.