Date posted: 09/12/2019
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £190 - £125 per day
A leading research institute has a new opening for a role as an interim Finance Analyst situated in the heart of central London.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a globally respected organisation that is looking to recruit this key financial post on an initial 6 month interim basis. The role will entail working closely with the Senior Management Accountant to advice budget holders whilst also producing consolidated management accounts.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- To produce accurate and timely reviews of quarterly budgets and forecasts.
- Advice budget holders on routine accounting matters as required.
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant in a range of duties, including; budgeting, year end accounts and forecasting.
- Handling the organisations VAT returns.
- Assist with the creation of new financial models in order to measure confidential data with the intention of developing an understanding of the future finances of the organisation.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors when required.
- Maintain the nominal ledger to ensure all transactions are correct whilst insuring that the establishment complies within their financial regulations.
Key person specification;
- High levels of IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Excellent organisational and management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Experienced at audit preparation and management accountancy tasks.
- Experience within the Higher Education sector, particularly in a large, complex organisation.
- Adaptability and flexible with a particular willingness to learn new skills as systems and needs develop.
You must be available to start by the 6th January.
If you feel that you posses the skills and the experience we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.