Head of Financial Systems & Transactional Services
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 17/12/2019
Salary: £56,133 - £62,855 per annum*
We are looking to appoint a fully qualified Accountant as the Head of Financial Systems and Transactional Services.
This high-profile role in HM Land Registry (HMLR) is key in ensuring that HMLR has sound financial systems on which to accurately process and record transactions and report financial performance to the business.
HMLR has recently gone live with a new integrated ERP system (Oracle Fusion) for Finance, Procurement and HR. This role provides the opportunity to embed and develop the new system, identifying further business process improvements and building the skills and capabilities of all users, within Finance and across the business. This role will also oversee the implementation of performance management software, to integrate and complement Fusion and derive greater benefits and insight for the organisation. It will also link into the cross-government Fusion community, sharing HMLR’s experience and learning from other government departments on the Fusion journey.
You will be leading around 15 finance staff, heading up both the Finance Systems Team and the AP/AR functions.
There will be some travel that is required to other HMLR offices or service providers, however not on a regular basis.
This position is available with a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Leading the Systems Team in Finance that provides the intelligent client role for HMLR in optimising the services delivered by both in-house and externally supported financial and performance management software packages.
- Day to day management and development of Fusion and other financial and planning systems, ensuring the integrity of the accounting data held on them and that their operational capabilities are sound.
• Maintenance and development of the integration with other HMLR operational and corporate systems including the HR Fusion modules, Order Management, Variable Direct Debit system and interfaces to an in-house database.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of financial systems in HMLR, new functionality and industry best practice and use this knowledge to drive value from our systems, liaising with service delivery partners as necessary.
- Ensure key processes and controls are in place, fully documented and operate with sufficient cover to give assurance of system availability to meet deadlines and business demands.
- Lead the team in maximising the value from software and associated processes to improve business efficiency, capability and understanding, and manage changing requirements such as the move to digital services.
- Undertake end to end reviews of financial business processes and in conjunction with key stakeholders, identify improvements that achieve better service levels and efficiencies.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables functions, including the administration and collection of approximately £1m every working day in respect of Land Register applications
- Fully qualified CCAB, CIMA or equivalent accountant.
- Managing and developing large computerised financial systems and associated support services that maintain appropriate controls and meet business needs.
- Successfully working with major systems, preferably Oracle Fusion, and Anaplan or other performance management software, to meet management information and planning requirements.
- Liaising and negotiating effectively with both internal and external service providers.
- Managing business change, establishing and promoting new business processes and system improvements.
- An understanding of the application of sound financial controls and Managing Public Money.
- Experience in successfully leading staff to meet business requirements.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills developed in a financial accounting or reporting context
HMLR offers very competitive terms, conditions and benefits. We provide excellent opportunities for career progression, training and development. You will have access to Civil Service pension and benefits arrangements, generous leave allowances and flexible working – exactly what you would expect from a progressive employer.
Please click here for further information on our rewards package: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/land-registry/about/recruitment
In order to formally apply you need to submit a CV & supporting statement. For a full candidate pack/job description please get in touch with Tim Salmon – Timsalmon@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634