Band 8A Finance Manager (Corporate)
Date posted: 20/12/2019
Salary: £49,349 - £55,562 per annum*
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust. The Royal Free in a well-renowned and high-performing Trust which has achieved some of the best clinical outcomes across the country.
Across three main sites, the Trust cares for approximately 1.6 million patients each year, employs around 10,000 people and has an annual turnover of circa £924m. Their mission is to be in the top 10 hospitals in England for clinical quality, customer satisfaction, staff satisfaction and financial performance whilst giving patients the best possible care in a safe and welcoming environment.
If you are an ambitious person looking for an opportunity to drive change and make a difference in your job, this could be an exciting role for you to consider.
- To be the finance lead and business partner for corporate divisions such as IT, HR, Medical and Finance (budget circa £94m)
- To prepare financial reports with written analysis to present to senior managers enabling them to manage their business areas, understand reasons for over/under performance and ensure that outcomes are well explained
- To manage the relationship between finance and the directorates and ensure they receive timely and accurate financial information
- To manage your team (2 direct reports) and ensure their deadlines are met, they are completing work to a high standard and they are being developed professionally
- To identify where processes do not work as efficiently as they could, highlight these areas to the Head of Finance and recommend actions to drive improvements and change
This person will hold a professional qualification in accountancy (CCAB) and will be able to provide evidence of continuously developing by having relevant post-qualification experience or significant management accounting experience in a large, complex organisation (NHS experience is beneficial but not essential). Business partnering is a key element of the role so this person must demonstrate strong communication/people skills, the ability to present analysis and influence budget holders.
Royal Free World Class Values include:
- Being positively welcoming
- Being actively respectful
- Clearly communicating
- Visibly reassuring
It is important that this person’s values are inline with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
YOUR SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Band 8a £49,349 – £55,562* (*inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave
- Flexible working
- Annual Recognition Awards
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
- Pension Scheme:6% (20.1% employer contribution; 12.5% employee contribution)
- Gym, pool and recreation club (Royal Free Hospital site) and ‘Fit at the Free’ activities
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan, car loan scheme, cycle to work scheme and bike racks
Applications close on Monday 13th January 2020 and if you are successfully shortlisted, interviews will follow shortly after. If you would like to find out more information about the opportunity, the Trust and to receive the full job description please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane.
Early applications are strongly encouraged. If you do wish to apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before midnight on Monday 13th January 2020.
*inclusive of HCAS