Retail Finance Manager
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 23/12/2019
Duration: 6 months FTC
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
My client is a huge brand and household name in the UK. Their well respected finance team are currently recruiting for a key role, initially on a 6 month fixed term contract (potential to go permanent afterwards). This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Retail Finance Manager to manage an incredibly high performing finance team at a time of positive change and growth.
- Provide the analysis and insight required to inform decision making and shape the direction of fundraising teams.
- Produce and develop monthly and quarterly income & expenditure reporting. Analyse income trends and activity on a regular basis and continually feed findings into forecasts and long term planning models.
- Lead on the preparation and execution of all financial planning for income and expenditure, in partnership with the operational teams in fundraising. This will include forecasting, budgeting and 5 year plans, as well as inputs to strategy development and longer-term thinking
- Build and develop knowledge and understanding of the fundraising income streams and how different elements of giving can be developed. Work with other external organisations and other charity contacts to build this pool of knowledge and analyse the impact of external economic factors.
- Ensure that the Retail Finance team deliver accurate accounts, variance analysis, expenditure tracking and the needs of the fundraising teams are met.
- Work closely with the relevant teams to ensure pipeline, non-financial reporting and system developments meet the requirements for improved reporting and analysis.
- Qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience
- Relevant experience of financial controls, planning, modelling and reporting
- Experience of business partnering with leadership teams and presenting to / influencing senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing a large, diverse team.
- Extensive IT skills, including Excel and data manipulation (e.g. using pivot tables, v-lookup, graphs)
- Knowledge of stock management would be beneficial.