Donor Management Accountant
Date posted: 23/12/2019
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £250 - £300 per day
My client is a global NGO that fights for human rights, is against corruption and campaigns for environmental issues. They have wide reach and influence around the world and a diverse and dynamic UK office. A great opportunity has arisen for a Vision Q&A and SUN systems experienced Management Accountant to join the Finance team on an interim basis.
- Work with and support the Finance Team, fundraisers and campaign teams to produce budgets for fundraising proposals to potential donors.
- Prepare, monitor and reconcile expenditure by donor on a regular basis (at least quarterly), ensuring expenditure is correctly allocated, especially where a programme/project is funded by multiple donors.
- Undertake analyses and investigations into expenditure variances on donor budgets, and management accounts
- Work with and support the team to prepare financial reports for required regular and ad hoc reporting to donors on a timely basis.
- Assist in donor audits as required.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, both at strand and campaign level, for distribution to the MT (Campaign Directors) and budget holders highlighting any variances against agreed budget,
- Provide inductions and training to all budget holders to be able to understand the implications of variances in the monthly income and expenditure reports and provide financial advice and support as necessary and appropriate to help achieve the organisations objectives.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with extensive experience in Vision Q&A and SUN Systems – this is essential. Ideally they will have donor reporting experience, however if they are highly capable in excel, budgeting and reporting, they will be able to take on the work. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain more exposure in international development and donor reporting.