Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 23/12/2019
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
My client is a treasured brand in the UK, that continues to support thousands of people nationwide every year. Their work is vital and this is a fantastic opportunity to become apart of the incredible work they do.
- Assist the financial accounting and tax team during the busy period of year end closedown for preparation of the Charity and subsidiary accounts
- Prepare key elements of the annual group financial statements
- Assist with the production of auditable financial statements for the subsidiaries where required
- Assist in the production of the Annual Report and Accounts published document
- Ongoing review and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet codes
- To be an initial point of contact for and liaise with the external auditors
- Board reporting for the Charity and subsidiaries
- Technical support with accounting policies, statutory accounting, statistical and other
- Ensure appropriate VAT reporting from the Finance and Income systems
- Oversight and monitoring of investments including journal review
- Advise on the financial accounting and tax treatment of specific transactions and projects.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with extensive year end experience in large and complex charities. They will have up to date working knowledge of SORP, be highly diligent, organised and have excellent communication and presentation skills.