Head of Category (Supplier Improvement and Projects)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 30/12/2019
Salary: £60,74 per annum*
Waltham Forest is one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the Capital, Council of the Year 2019 and also London’s first Borough of Culture. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition Waltham Forest is a great place to live and work.
Following a review and restructure of the Procurement Department we are seeking this senior role to join the Procurement Management Team to continue our journey to deliver sustained excellence and innovation across all spend categories to benefit our citizens, businesses and staff.
This is a critical leadership role that works closely with senior managers and suppliers and you will:
- As a key member of the Procurement Management Team, shape the strategy and drive the performance of the department.
- Partner with Directors and senior managers across the Councils to identify creative and innovative solutions to their procurement needs, in the management of contracts and influence their adoption of the right processes.
- Leads on Supplier Improvement across all categories of spend by developing and implementing a framework and approach that embeds excellent contract and supplier relationship management leading to improved outcomes and practices.
- Be responsible for procuring high value (£multi m), high risk contracts covering Infrastructure and Capital projects
- Lead in identifying and delivering multi-million pound savings efficiencies that meet Council priority needs as well as implementing procurement best practices.
- Continually seek to enhance the capabilities and performance of your team by applying learning to benefit others.
- Benefit from learning and development opportunities as we seek to develop the potential and contribution of our leaders.
- Be present across the two Councils that we currently support: at Walthamstow (for London Borough of Waltham Forest) and Ilford (for London Borough of Redbridge).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The Supplier Improvement and Projects role is a new and challenging role which the role holder has the opportunity to shape. Other Services across the Councils manage contracts and suppliers and they have approached Procurement to improve consistency and provide support, challenge and governance.
We are looking for an individual with proven leadership capabilities, drive and ambition to continually improve your and your team’s performance. Someone who can operate and influence in complex organisations who has demonstrated outstanding results in procurement, contract management and project delivery. Success depends on our people and securing excellent services and support and works from great suppliers. If you have the ambition, then this is the opportunity to join a successful and growing team, to make a real operational and strategic impact and help to achieve the strategic ambitions of these Councils.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification
- Full MCIPS or equivalent in strategic sourcing
- Project Management experience
Closing date for applications: 10am, Monday 13 January 2020
Please send CV and supporting statement (max 1 page) to email@example.com
For further information and for a confidential discussion, please contact me on 0203 0319639.
*plus staff benefits