Finance Business Partner (Financial Planning – Systems)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 06/01/2020
Salary: £43,590 - £52,482 per annum
As London’s second largest borough and home to Heathrow, the world’s busiest international airport we have a challenging, high profile and unique agenda, against which we are committed to improving the service we deliver to our local residents. Hillingdon is changing fast and we are gaining a higher profile and stronger reputation with both local and central government and also with a wider audience.
The council’s strategy is based around “Putting our Residents First” allied to strong Financial Management which puts Finance at the centre of the Council’s decision-making processes, and to support this we have centred our Finance function on a business partner model that ensures financial advice and challenge is closer to services and to outcomes. The Business Partner roles within our teams underpin the theme of sound financial management, with financial advice and accounting expertise and facilitated by the development of our web-based budget management system.
The Finance Business Partner – (Financial Planning and Systems) will work collaboratively across all aspects of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Forecast and broader budget management activities as well as supporting the continuous improvement of the Council’s budget management system. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing financial management systems and reporting across the Council, continually improving and developing reports and incorporating new technology as it becomes available.
- Managing and developing the Council’s budget production process and developing and co-ordinating the annual budget review exercises linked to the development of the Council’s MTFF.
- Championing continuous improvement within Corporate Finance and across the broader organisation,
- Developing the financial models to forecast future General Fund revenue and capital expenditure and funding levels.
- Ensuring that finance stakeholders are fully aware of all the finance systems related matters, specifically with respect to their impact on MTFF and budget production process.
- Communicating the budget production timetable to all accountants and working closely with them to ensure they have the capacity to deliver all requirements.
To be suitable for the role you need to be an ambitious qualified accountant, ideally with experience of working in a large public sector organisation. A strong understanding of financial management and an ability to critically challenge established business practices with a view to driving improvement is essential.
To see the job descriptions and for further information on Hillingdon Council please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/hillingdon. For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9635.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27th January. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and specific examples of your relevant experience.