Finance Business Partner x 2
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 06/01/2020
Salary: £43,590 - £52,482 per annum
As London’s second largest borough and home to Heathrow, the world’s busiest international airport we have a challenging, high profile and unique agenda, against which we are committed to improving the service we deliver to our local residents. Hillingdon is changing fast and we are gaining a higher profile and stronger reputation with both local and central government and also with a wider audience.
The council’s strategy is based around “Putting our Residents First” allied to strong Financial Management which puts Finance at the centre of the Council’s decision-making processes, and to support this we have centred our Finance function on a business partner model that ensures financial advice and challenge is closer to services and to outcomes. The Business Partner roles within our teams underpin the theme of sound financial management, with financial advice and accounting expertise and facilitated by the development of our web-based budget management system.
The Finance Business Partners will be based in Social Care, Education & Schools Finance or Capital & HRA directorates, ensuring Directors and Senior Managers are fully informed of their financial positions and risks across their directorates, so are best placed to make crucial decisions. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that officers and Members are provided with high quality financial advice and direction, enabling them to make strategic and operational decisions.
- Maintaining the delivery of efficiency improvements and cost reduction plans within the service, including change programmes and the identification of new funding streams.
- Supporting the development and implementation of budget plans across the Group.
- Regularly attending member briefings, committees and other forums to represent finance on specific financial issues within the service.
- Championing the provision of financial input to the transformational agenda across the Council.
To be suitable for the role you need to be an ambitious qualified accountant, ideally with experience of working in a large public sector organisation. Proven experience of building relationships with stakeholders, interpreting complex information and excellent analytical skills are all essential.
This is an exciting role that will afford the successful applicant with a genuine opportunity to provide value-adding business partnering and involvement in major transformation projects across a diverse, interesting and rewarding service area.
To see the job descriptions and for further information on Hillingdon Council please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/hillingdon. For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9635.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27th January. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and specific examples of your relevant experience.