Principal Accountant – Regeneration
Sector: Local Government
Location: South West
Date posted: 07/01/2020
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £450 - £500 per day
A Local Authority in the South West is currently looking to recruit to a Principle Accountant, to support the Regeneration Directorate.
The role exists to provide high calibre support to the primary capital development projects in the council.
The post holder will carry out detailed financial options appraisals and support project managers to produce robust business cases. You will take responsibility for ensuring that decision makers are presented with high quality financial advice and options where appropriate at key points in the project cycle, and will understand the impacts of the macro and local economic environment on your projects and will take a lead in scenario and sensitivity analysis on a project and programme level to ensure risks are understood and managed.
You will understand the wider capital programme and the impact of your projects on this, a critical friend, stakeholder management will be vital to ensure you are both a trusted and integral part of project teams, but not afraid to challenge colleagues and report alternative viewpoints when required.
Example outcomes or objectives that this role will deliver:
- Support development of new and iterated business cases during project lifecycle
- Ensure that robust option appraisals and sensitivity analysis included within decision reports
- Ensure that relevant projects are managed within expenditure and income resource constraints
- Proactive financial advice and support for projects is recognised by project and service managers and others involved in delivery of the projects
- Lead on budget setting, management accounting, and closing for allocated projects Understanding and communication regarding impacts of projects on revenue accounts and council funding
- Development of strategies and programmes to investigate and report on effectiveness of council’s use of resources and initiatives to improve value for money
You will CCAB qualified and have a proven experience within Regeneration/Housing Development Finance