Network Infrastructure Engineer
Location: South East
Date posted: 08/01/2020
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £175 per day
Allen Lane is supporting an NHS organisation in Kent that is on the lookout for an Infrastructure Network Engineer on an initial 3-month contract to support in the delivery of their IT Network services strategy.
Further details on the key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Investigate technically complex IT issues (incidents) raised to the service desk and escalated by the second/third line support resources.
- Maintain all network infrastructure with the appropriate firmware and driver versions as per vendor recommendations.
- Support the implementation of the Trust’s data security policy and ensure it is communicated to all users.
- Represent IT on project teams, as determined by the Head of IT/IT Operations Manager.
- Investigate, resolve and document root causes of IT problems including severity level 1 incidents (system / departmental outages) and performance issues.
- Take part in the research and development of all elements of the IT Infrastructure – assisting in determining what future technology would be of benefit to the Trust and how it should be implemented.
Skillsets/qualifications required for this role include:
- CCNA (Switching & Routing) Certified
- Thorough understanding of LANS/WANS (P2P vs national Ethernet vs ISDN etc.)
- Good knowledge of firewall configuration and management, including firewall security
- Good knowledge on network switching & routing in a multi-site environment
- Basic understanding of server infrastructure technologies including VMWare, Active Directory, Clustering and MSSQL
The client is looking to move quickly in appointing a successful candidate, so please disclose in your applications how soon you would be available to start.