Date posted: 13/01/2020
Duration: 10 months
Salary: £400 - £450 per day
Allen Lane is recruiting an interim Project Manager for a high profile public body based in Westminster, London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an incredibly bright and motivated team of change professionals. Sitting within a transformation programme spanning all professional services, you will support a project lead in ensuring effective governance, reporting, planning, budgeting and risk and issue management.
As such, key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Project Lead in the day to day management of the project
- Ensuing the project objectives, scope and deliverables are defined and documented
- Maintaining records of project business case approvals and changes
- Driving progress, monitoring schedules, time-scales and milestones to ensure agreed time lines are met
- Maintaining RAID logs for the project and actively tracking actions and chasing action owners for resolution
- Owning the administration of project governance groups (eg. Project Board, Steering Group), pulling together agendas and papers and documenting minutes, decision and actions
- Working with the Project Lead and PMO to define and secure project resource requirements
- Flagging and identifying actions to manage dependencies within the project.
You don’t necessarily need to have worked within the public sector previously, but you do need to be a Project Manager experienced in getting hands on in project coordination across multiple, complex programmes.