Interim Deputy Director of Financial Performance
Date posted: 13/01/2020
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £430 per day
This is a role which will provide senior financial support to a specific business unit(s), reporting directly to the Director of Financial Performance/ Financial Operations Director.
- To maintain a professional reporting line into the Director of Financial Performance/ Financial Operations Director, whilst working closely with divisional and business unit management leads and directors, utilising professional judgement to progress business needs.
- Develop productive partnership working with other function leads to drive profitability and return on investment, developing short and medium term financial plans to support realisation of the group strategy.
- To drive improvements in financial productivity within the divisions – leading on identification, advice and challenge for efficiency plans.
- To support directors, managers and clinicians in accessing and understanding financial information for their areas of budgetary responsibility. Provide support to build understanding of complex financial information.
- To support commercial propositions and to undertake or oversee the financial management of key contracts. Providing advice as necessary to leadership teams on any action(s) required to realise opportunities and mitigate risks arising.
- Lead on driving enhancements to the financial management reporting offer for business units; ensuring analytical information is not just fit-for-purpose but supports high quality management decision making.
- Lead on the development of benefits realisation methodology to support strategic initiatives.
- Form productive working relationships and exert informal influence with key Group interfaces (e.g. subsidiary companies, joint ventures, private providers and other business units).
- To lead on the financial support for large strategic projects or service developments both within the Group and across the local STP, as required.
- Provide financial leadership at business unit Executive Committee, acting on behalf of the Director of Financial Performance.
- Deputise, as required, for Director of Financial Performance, including attendance at senior committee meetings.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of Business Analysts directly supporting divisional leadership teams.
- Operate flexibly when required by the Director of Financial Performance to ensure business continuity across the broader portfolio.