Year End Accountant
Date posted: 14/01/2020
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £350 per day
My client is a large London based Housing Association seeking a highly skilled interim Accountant to lead on their year end. The function is going through a number of improvement projects and therefore the Financial Controller is looking for someone highly trustworthy and technically strong to take the task off of him so he can focus on said projects.
- Full responsibility for the review and oversight of accurate recording of accounting entries in subsidiary accounts, as well as production of statutory Financial Statements and oversight of the Governance and administration of Group entities working with Company Secretary team.
- Produce monthly management or statutory accounts as required as well as other ad hoc information and relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Group Subsidiaries.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the underlying records on control accounts, intercompany and other Group balances.
- Assist to maintain the necessary relevant records, chart of accounts and systems in respect of the Group subsidiaries including ensuring the integrity, accuracy and consistency of financial and accounting records on the accounting system. Co-ordinate accounting across all Group entities and assist in further developments of the Group financial information systems.
- Prepare the necessary files, reconciliations and other required documentation for year end audit and liaise with auditors to ensure a smooth process that improves year on year to reduce any management points or misstatements.
- Provide technical accounting expertise around the activities and portfolios including expert knowledge of the applicable Financial Reporting Standards (FRS) and Housing SORP and Accounting Direction.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with experience in leading on and consolidating year end in a complex housing association. They will have proven problem solving skills to apply in complex reconciliation tasks and excellent communication skills. They will be highly adaptable, proactive and eager to play an important role in an organisation that puts helping people at the forefront of everything they do.