Band 8B Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Date posted: 17/01/2020
Salary: £59,083 - £67,760 per annum*
A career opportunity has arisen for a Senior Commercial Finance Manager to join the Trust’s Commercial and Business Development team.
Barts Health NHS Trust is the largest NHS Trust in England and one of Britain’s leading healthcare providers. The Trust is comprised of five hospitals, employs over 16,000 staff and serves approximately 2.5 million people living in East London.
The Trust has a diverse range of specialisms and is the home of the largest cardiovascular centre in the UK, the second largest cancer centre in London, an internationally-renowned trauma team, and the home of the London Air Ambulance. They also house one of the largest children’s hospitals in the UK, a major dental hospital, leading stroke and renal units as well as rehabilitation, mental health and community services. This is a truly dynamic and innovative Trust to be a part of with many exciting initiatives for the future.
Senior Commercial Finance Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Commercial Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the Commercial and Business Development Director in the development of the Trust’s Commercial Strategy. This is an excellent opportuning to directly contribute to the growth in the Trust’s commercial income, to support implementation and lead financial analysis of the commercial team’s strategic plans.
Some of the key duties include:
- Collaborating with the team to develop and track sophisticated financial models and business cases whilst also identifying commercial opportunities for the Trust
- Leading financial analysis in projects and business planning
- Designing and presenting financial documents and models for review at Strategic and Board meetings
- Building strong customer focused relationships with the Trust Commercial team’s stakeholders including site management teams and corporate departments
- Ensuring the highest possible level of commercial financial support to help ensure commercial income opportunities are maximized
- Providing financial advice to the Commercial and Business Development Director and making significant and identifiable financial income contributions to the Trust’s commercial efforts
Senior Commercial Finance Manager Person Specification:
This person will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and be either a qualified accountant or have post graduate qualifications in finance and/or economics. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in financial modelling and producing business cases, with a skillset in analysing complex detailed financial reports and the ability to interpret and make decisions where there is no obvious solution. Strong communication skills are essential in this role as this person will need to build strong relationships with non-finance managers, clinicians and the wider team. We are looking for people who are motivated, proactive and focused to make a success of this role.
Barts Health NHS Trust’s WeCare Values include:
WELCOMING, ENGAGING, COLLABORATIVE, ACCOUNTABLE, RESPECTFUL and EQUITABLE. It is important that this person’s values are in line with these expectations and that they are able to converse well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 8b £59,083 – £67,760*(*inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution and a tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- Discounted corporate gym membership
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan, car loan scheme and cycle to work scheme
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Friday 7th February.
To see our dedicated online candidate pack with more information about the Trust, the opportunity and the job description please click here.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and if you are successfully shortlisted, interviews will follow shortly after. If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 or email@example.com.