Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 21/01/2020
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £350 - £400 per day
A local Authority who are one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and have a very successful track record of delivering transformational change, are currently looking to recruit an Interim Management Accountant to bolster the finance team.
This role will ensure the delivery of a high performing, customer focused finance service by leading a team of qualified/part qualified officers to deliver high quality financial advice, information, analysis and interpretation across one function and one or more member portfolios.
The Management Accountant is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of operational financial management within a functional area. You will build strong relationships with internal and external partners and be able to competently influence, contribute and challenge at a broad range of senior management forums to ensure financial forecasts and future budget plans are based on robust financial information.
You will be a qualified professional with strong technical and systems knowledge to actively contribute and influence the decision making process in relation to medium term planning.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Full CCAB and evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Knowledge & understanding of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably within the public sector.
- Experience of delivering improvements within a finance setting.
- Providing financial advice & support to management teams.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the delivery of large scale services.
- Experience of working with others to build effective working relationships with finance colleague