Band 8A Finance Manager
Date posted: 27/04/2020
Salary: £51,383 - £57,596 per annum*
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest hospital Trusts in the country, with a staff of around 15,000, a turnover of £1.3 billion and 2.3 million patient contacts a year. The Trust comprises two of London’s most established leading teaching hospitals which have a long history dating back almost 900 years. Both hospitals have been at the forefront of medical progress since they were founded and they continue to have a reputation for excellence, innovation and outstanding patient care.
Due to the scale and complexity of the Trust, the finance division is large and diverse with many opportunities for finance professionals to develop their careers. The financial management team is currently recruiting seven finance managers to join them and take ownership of various roles including:
- Finance Manager – Specialist Ambulatory Services (SAS)
- Finance Manager – Transplant, Renal and Urology
- Finance Manager – Gastrointestinal Medicine & Surgery
- Finance Manager – Pulmonary, Adult Critical Care and Sleep (PACCS)
- Finance Manager – Women’s Services
- Finance Manager – Theatres, Anaesthetics and Perioperative Medicine (TAP) and Pathology
- Finance Manager – Integrated Local Services
Finance Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Manager provides business partnering support to their clinical directorates in all their monthly, annual and ad hoc financial performance and planning activities. They are responsible for month end reporting for their areas, forecasting and financial planning in conjunction with clinicians and operational managers, consulting with the Directorate General Manager and Senior Finance Manager and presenting reports at Directorate meetings. They form an integral part of the Directorate’s Management Team. Other key areas of achievements include:
- Taking the lead on developing Directorate business plans and presenting these to Trust Executive Directors with the Senior Finance Manager
- Identifying opportunities for growth, financial efficiencies and highlighting areas of risk to ensure these are closely monitored
- Providing ad hoc analysis as required by the service and leading the financial element of any business cases.
- Presenting complex financial management information and advice to senior directorate staff and Trust Executive Directors at Performance and Executive reviews
- Ensuring the development of robust financial forecasts reflecting Directorate operation plans and ensuring these are agreed and understood by Directorate Management Teams
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders from different clinical and professional backgrounds
- Taking on an active role in developing finance staff through on-the-job training, mentoring and creating career and personal development plans
- Working collaboratively with a number of internal stakeholders, such as other parts of Finance, Procurement and Commercial divisions.
- Working in partnership with external partners, including counterparts at Kings College Hospital, Kings College London, Local Authorities and Community Health Providers.
Finance Manager Person Specification:
This person will hold a professional qualification in accountancy (CCAB) and will be able to provide evidence of continuously developing by having relevant post-qualification experience or significant management accounting experience in a large, complex organisation (NHS experience is beneficial but not essential). Business partnering is a key element of the role so this person must demonstrate strong communication/people skills, the ability to present analysis and influence budget holders.
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust’s VALUES include:
- Putting patients first
- Taking pride in what they do
- Striving to be the best
- Acting with integrity
- Respecting others
It is important that this person’s values are in line with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 8a £51,383 – £57,596* (*inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution anda tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%)
- Subsidised on-site nursey and childcare vouchers
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- Gym, pool and recreation club on-site
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan, car loan scheme, cycle to work scheme and bike racks
For more information please view our dedicated microsite here: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/gstt-bc
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE:
For your application to be considered, you will be required to send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on Wednesday 5th February.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and if you are successfully shortlisted, interviews will follow shortly after. If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 or email@example.com.