Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 28/02/2020
Salary: £59,083 - £67,760 per annum*
A career opportunity has arisen for 2 x Finance Business Partners to join Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust. This specialist Trust is a centre of excellence for children’s healthcare and offers the widest range of care in the UK. It is the only specialist Biomedical Research Centre for paediatrics, the largest centre in the UK for children and young people with heart or brain problems, and the largest centre in Europe for children and young people with cancer. The hospital receives over 255,000 patient visits a year, carries our approximately 18,800 operations each year and employs over 4,000 employees.
Finance Business Partner Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Business Partners are responsible for a range of both clinical and corporate directorates and have line management responsibilities of up to 3 staff. Some of the key duties include:
- To be the lead working closely with the senior management team within the directorate including General Manager, Chief of Service, Head of Nursing, Deputy Directors and Executive Directors to provide leadership, financial and business advice and support
- Leading and managing a team of Finance staff (including Finance Mangers, Assistant Finance Managers, Senior Management Accountants and Management Accountants) in the production of high quality financial management information, income and expenditure, for a range of clinical and corporate units
- Identifying opportunities for information or quality improvements within the wider Financial Management team, supporting the Deputy Head of Financial Management and Head of Financial Management to ensure every opportunity is taken to develop and enhance the provision of an expert Financial Management service to the Trust.
Finance Business Partner Person Specification:
The Finance Business Partner will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and will be a Qualified CCAB Accountant. The ideal candidate for this role will have post-qualification experience in financial management, have effective leadership skills/management experience and have the ability develop effective working relationships with finance, clinical and non-finance colleagues at a senior level. This person must be a confident communicator and be able to present highly complex financial information and lead financial discussions at senior management and executive level meetings.
Candidates from the private sector and wider public sector organisations are strongly encouraged to apply. NHS experience is beneficial but not essential for the Finance Business Partner roles. We are looking for people who are motivated, ambitious and want to work in an environment where they can make an impact.
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust’s Always Values:
The Trust has developed the Always Values with staff, patients and families that characterise all that they do and their behaviours with patients, families and each other. The Always Values encourage employees to be:
- Always Welcoming
- Always Helpful
- Always Expert
- Always One Team
It is important that this person’s values are in line with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 8b £59,083 – £67,760*(*inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution anda tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan, car loan scheme and cycle to work scheme
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE:
For your application to be considered, you will be required to send your CV and cover letter to GOSH@allenlane.co.uk before midnight on Sunday 16th February.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and if you are successfully shortlisted, interviews will follow shortly after. If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 or email@example.com.