Assistant Finance Manager
Date posted: 28/02/2020
Salary: £44,347 - £50,549 per annum*
A career opportunity has arisen for 2 x Assistant Finance Managers to join Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust. This specialist Trust is a centre of excellence for children’s healthcare and offers the widest range of care in the UK. It is the only specialist Biomedical Research Centre for paediatrics, the largest centre in the UK for children and young people with heart or brain problems, and the largest centre in Europe for children and young people with cancer. The hospital receives over 255,000 patient visits a year, carries our approximately 18,800 operations each year and employs over 4,000 employees.
Assistant Finance Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the Finance Manager and lead on areas of the provision of an expert financial management service to the directorates within GOSH along with other portfolio areas as required.
- To lead and be responsible for areas of the monthly directorate reporting, other allocated services, including the production of information, cost and income analysis, forecasting and the presentation of this information.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the Trust’s medium to long -term financial strategy.
- To manage, co-ordinate and provide professional support to junior financial management staff ensuring development of the financial management function and the improvement of processes undertaken by the team.
Assistant Finance Manager Person Specification:
The Assistant Finance Manager will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and will be a Part-Qualified CCAB Accountant. This person must have experience in financial management and the ability to write reports and present highly accurate, complex financial and non-financial information. It is also a requirement that this post-holder possesses the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal skills)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Advanced excel skills
Candidates from the private sector and wider public sector organisations are strongly encouraged to apply. NHS experience is beneficial but not essential for the Assistant Finance Manager roles. We are looking for people who use their initiative, are ambitious and want to work in an environment where they can make an impact.
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust’s Always Values:
The Trust has developed the Always Values with staff, patients and families that characterise all that they do and their behaviours with patients, families and each other. The Always Values encourage employees to be:
- Always Welcoming
- Always Helpful
- Always Expert
- Always One Team
It is important that this person’s values are in line with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 7 £44,347 – £50,549* (inclusive of HCAS)
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution anda tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan, car loan scheme and cycle to work scheme
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE:
For your application to be considered, you will be required to send your CV and cover letter to GOSH@allenlane.co.uk before midnight on Sunday 16th February.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and if you are successfully shortlisted, interviews will follow shortly after. If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.