Systems Accountant – Oracle Systems
Date posted: 10/02/2020
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £300 - £450 per day
My client is a large housing association that is in the later stages of a large transformation period that has included a successful restructure and a number of efficiency improvement projects. The next step will be moving their Oracle system to be cloud based, but to do that they require further support in an interim Oracle Systems Accountant. This is a great opportunity to add real lasting value in an organisation that supports thousands of people across the country.
- Provide day to day operational support acting as second level support to resolve finance system issues
- Provide project management, input and guidance to financial projects to ensure the best solution is implemented.
- Support the process of upgrade availability ensuring that the organisation is positioned correctly to benefit from changes in technologies and requirements.
- Support the re-design of business processes, maintenance of system configuration.
- Ensure appropriate database integrity is maintained at all times including fully documented change controls processes and appropriate segregation of duties.
- Maintain effective relationships between Finance, IT and External support providers in relation to calls logged with IT helpdesk and issue resolution
- Effectively manage Systems Officer role.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with expertise in Oracle Financials. They will have worked on system upgrade projects, be highly customer care focused and have knowledge of process analysis/operation and method techniques. They will also have experience of managing oracle databases and strong technical knowledge of database management.