Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 10/02/2020
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £300 per day
Allen Lane are currently working with a local authority to recruit a Business Partner to provide senior management accounting support across the council’s Environment, Housing and Regeneration directorate.
As such key objectives will include:
- Delivering accurate, relevant and timely financial performance and management information to meet the business needs of senior managers and budget holders across both organisations.
- Provides budget managers with risk rated advice and support regarding budget management
- Works with Senior Business Partners to support service managers to fulfil their budget management responsibilities, undertaking trend analysis to inform budget monitoring.
- Supports the provision of advice and guidance to service managers in setting their detailed budgets, drawing on monitoring trends and demographic and economic data.
- Undertakes financial evaluations including value for money tests and options appraisals using a range of decision making techniques
This Business Partner will ideally be CCAB qualified and ideally have previous experience providing finance support within a public sector organisation, local government would be highly desirable. A proactive approach and hardworking attitude is essential.
Please note that due to the urgent time frames on this post applications will be reviewed prior to closing date and as such immediate application is recommended.