Sector: Public Sector Body
Date posted: 12/03/2020
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Supporting Sport England’s strategy by providing the organisation with accounting expertise to deliver complex statutory, regulatory and management reporting with effective and compliant internal controls, sharing the duties and responsibilities below as part of a team of two Accountants to ensure high quality and efficient processes.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Accounting and Financial Services for Sport England and all its subsidiaries
- Production of regulatory and technically compliant statutory annual report and accounts, including relevant notes, the financial elements of the directors and strategic report and the consolidation packs for DCMS through:
- Managing and maintaining the models and systems used to produce individual company, consolidated group accounts and the DCMS consolidation pack including adjustments for differences in accounting treatments and intercompany transactions
- Responsible for the complex disclosures of the Remuneration Report, Related Parties and the defined benefit pension scheme
- Manage the complex accounting for a large specialist property portfolio (valued at £100 million) including annual valuations.
- Responsible for managing the relationship with specialist external valuers
- Lead and manage the reconciliation and control of all balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly management information and reports for budget holders, Executive, Audit Committee and Board which are essential to the work undertaken by the Business Partners.
- Lead on the continuous review of management reporting to identify, co-ordinate and implement improvements to reporting ensuring consistency, high quality, relevance and usability.
- Production and submission of complex and compliant regulatory returns e.g. VAT
- Manage and co-ordinate all required returns and reporting to DCMS including building and maintaining effective relationships with the DCMS finance team
- Support the payroll function ensuring accurate accounting, payments and pension scheme reporting including providing advice where required.
- Provide expert technical, specialist accounting and taxation advice and guidance to the organisation
Financial policy and Controls
- Manage and maintain workflows within system(s), in accordance with organisational structure and staff changes as well as user access rights to system(s).
- Manage accurate, timely and efficient input and problem/issue resolution of all financial transactions in the finance system(s)
Additional skills and responsibilities:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Technical accounting experience and knowledge covering IFRS, SORP FRS102, including end to end production of individual company and consolidated group accounts and management reporting
- Advanced analytical skills working with detailed and complex financial information
- Project management and problem-solving skills to proactively support the team and business
- Build and maintain positive and constructive relationships with all levels of an organisation