Finance Business Partner x2
Sector: Public Sector Body
Date posted: 12/03/2020
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Enabling effective financial decision making through advising, supporting and appropriately challenging senior management and directorates. With a strong understanding of implications on financial impact, most effective use of resources and corporate strategic objectives. Preparing insightful analysis and non-routine management accounts and providing budgeting advice.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Building strong collaborative relationships with senior Directors and managers and their teams including the wider Finance team to manage and drive improved performance against the organisation’s strategic priorities.
- Ensure appropriate financial planning, management and accountability exists within the organisation.
- Provide financial advice and guidance including appropriate financial scrutiny and challenge to financial plans and decisions.
- Provide analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business/directorate objectives and strategies.
- Working with the organisation to manage all aspects of financial strategy.
Business Planning and Reporting:
- Lead on providing guidance, setting parameters, templates, scrutiny, consolidation and analysis of the annual budget setting process (£300 million) and monthly forecasts ensuring alignment with the organisation’s strategy and business plans.
- Ensure that all activity is subject to rigorous budgetary monitoring. Enabling decision-makers to be confident in the financial information they receive and understand the business drivers underpinning the figures.
- Management, reporting and analysis of complex and business critical cash flow models for both Lottery and Exchequer funding streams ensuring highest standards of integrity and control.
- Providing high quality and accurate holistic reporting and analytics including KPIs and dashboards to Executive Directors and budget holders.
- Responsible for ensuring that the medium term (5 year) and short term (1 year) plans across all funding streams are accurate, reflect the organisations strategic priorities and business plans and ensure effective use of limited resources.
- Identify areas where financial efficiencies could be achieved, through objective financial review and challenge, seeking improved use of
Additional skill requirements:
- ACA/CIMA/CIPFA/ACCA professional qualified accountant
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team members, colleagues and senior managers within a business partnering function while still providing effective and constructive challenge ideally within the public sector.
- Proven ability to communicate strongly (written, verbal, and graphics) and present complex messages to a wide audience, including non-financial colleagues, clearly and comprehensively.