Band 8C Financial Controller
Date posted: 13/02/2020
Salary: £68,554 - £79,374 per annum
The Royal Marsden is a focused and motivated NHS Foundation Trust. A world-leading cancer centre specialising in cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education, their two hospitals in Chelsea and Sutton improve the lives of over 50,000 cancer patients each year. The mission is simple; to cure more people and improve the quality of life for those living with cancer. With over 3,900 employees, £450m income and an unrivalled reputation for its patient care, the Marsden is making an impact. This is an important appointment and offers the chance to directly affect the Trust’s on-going progress.
This is a high profile role and is a key member of the finance senior management team. You will take responsibility for the management of the performance of the Financial Control team (including outsourced providers) ensuring the delivery of a professional, dynamic, efficient and proactive service to meet the needs of the Trust.
Some of the other key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of the financial strategy and associated financial plans for the Trust.
- Manage the production of the Trust’s annual accounts and their audit, and support the production of the annual report, whilst also proactively planning and managing the Trust’s cash position, working capital, receivables and loan financing facilities.
- Support the Trust in capital reporting to effectively manage the c.£258m planned spend over the next 5 years, including a new electronic patient record system and major investment in both the Sutton and Chelsea sites.
- The Trust is creating a wholly owned subsidiary for their pharmacy service which the Financial Controller will oversee and ensure a smooth transition from the current third party provider to the Trust.
- Proactive management of the outsourced provider of finance, accounting and payroll services, ensuring the Trust is operating in line with best practice transaction processes, has adequate financial controls in place and users are appropriately trained.
The successful candidate will be an intelligent, qualified accountant who has enjoyed a progressive career and has outstanding communication skills, a passion for best practice and high calibre influencing skills. You will be a natural leader who has a keen eye for detail, as well as managing and building relationships. The successful candidate is likely to have qualified in a professional firm and have experience of working within the public sector.
Please contact our recruitment partner Adrian Watts from Allen Lane on 0207 101 8807 for an informal discussion. In the first instance please send your CV and current remuneration to email@example.com
Application close date: Midnight on Sunday 1st March
Interview dates: Week commencing 9th & 16th March