Procurement and Contracts Officer
Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 24/03/2020
Salary: £32,846 - £39,996 per annum
My client, a Borough in Surrey, is seeking a highly motivated, organised and commercially aware procurement and contracts officer to support their corporate priorities by ensuring value for money through the delivery of procurement of a wide range of goods and services.
- Assist, advise and implement on effective procurement and contract management
- Develop effective sourcing strategies for use across the organisation
- Support the implementation of the procurement strategy , including sustainable procurement and delivering best value for money for the procurement of works, goods and services
- Identify collaborative procurement opportunities with other Authorities where appropriate
- Support the development and management of clear procurement processes across the Council.
- Develop clear procurement plans for all procurement requirements
- Provide assistance and advice to the wider organisation on all procurement matters.
- Prepare ITT and RFQ’s processes and work with colleagues to develop specifications
- Maintain contracts register to ensure compliance and improve efficiencies in procurement processes and contract management
Key Person Specification:
- Demonstrable proven experience as an effective procurement officer
- Experience in producing tender documents, specifications of requirements and contract schedules
- Able to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Sourcing and procurement techniques
- Public Contract Regulations and practical application
- Contract Management and measurement
- Highly motivated self-starter with exceptional communication skills and flexible in approach
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Numerate with good negotiation skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
For a confidential discussion or would like to find out more, please contact Vicky Power on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 0319639.