Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 26/03/2020
Salary: £51,450 - £54,597 per annum
This new role in the authority provides you with an opportunity to make a big, practical impact on Redbridge Council’s IT transformation agenda, aligning and integrating new and existing services and leading on the rationalisation of their application estate. You will work with the council’s specialist Business Intelligence hub and their business partners to develop a whole-organisation roadmap for data management and will be a key adviser to project teams in meeting the needs of particular business areas. You should have substantial DBMS knowledge and be confident in your approach to modelling enterprise architectures.
Overall Role Purpose:
- To act as a design authority for the council, reviewing DBMS proposals (developed or bought-in).
- Ascertaining requirements to ensure effective IT solutions are procured.
- Contribute to the delivery of efficient IT services to the whole council.
- To ensure that the council’s data is managed and developed to meet the strategic needs of the organisation.
- To ensure that data systems used or developed by the council are the most appropriate response to the council’s needs, that they integrate with the developing data architecture and meet the council’s quality standards.
- To act as professional expert in the field of database management and data integration.
- Exercise oversight of data applications selection, implementation and management.
Availability, security and performance of the council’s database systems is critical to its reputation and its ability to deliver services to the public. This role carries primary responsibility for ensuring that the council’s database systems are supportable, secure and designed to deliver the required services. Most council data is in third party applications, supported by the council and the supplier in collaboration. All systems introduced to the council all developed internally, will be subject to assessment by this role.
You will have:
- Exposure to TOGAF or equivalent methodologies
- Prince 2 or equivalent experience
- Data modelling and visualisation experience
For further information, please visit our dedicated microsite at: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/redbridge-it
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Senior Consultant
020 3031 9627 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday 22nd March.