Communications & Network Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 26/03/2020
Salary: £51,450 - £54,597 per annum
Redbridge Council are strengthening their in-house infrastructure team to ensure they have the breadth of skills they need to manage and develop their mixed Azure / on premise estate. The scope of your work will include performance monitoring, fault resolution, security, responding to incidents and ensuring business continuity across their LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructure.
Role overview and purpose:
- Ensure that the council’s network and telecoms infrastructure operates reliably 24/7 and is sufficient to the council’s needs.
- Ensure all problems with the council’s network and communications infrastructure are promptly logged, diagnosed and resolved, while keeping the department, and the council as appropriately informed about the status of all current issues.
The council is distributed across multiple sites in the borough and depends on the ability of staff to work flexibly from any location. It operates in a context in which resilience and security are critical to its fulfilment of its responsibilities.
You need to have:
- ITIL Foundation or higher
- Cisco official training or equivalent knowledge gained through experience
- Mitel telephony or equivalent VoIP knowledge
For further information, please visit our dedicated microsite at: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/redbridge-it
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on:
Louis Hall, Business Manager
020 3031 9627 | email@example.com
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 22nd March. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.