Director of Technology Services
Sector: Local Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 27/02/2020
Duration: 12 months FTC
Salary: Up to £110,000 per annum
Allen Lane is delighted to be partnered with Essex County Council in the search for the right individual to lead its growing and ambitious IT function as the Director of Technology Services. Technology Services are leading a major investment programme in modern, evergreen technologies to improve how colleagues across the county deliver public services. Having adopted the GDS service standards, and working in close partnership the council’s Service Design team, Technology Services are committed to doing great work using open standards, creativity and collaboration. To continue this ambitious vision they are seeking a strong leader, with an exceptional ability to utliise the effectiveness of technology for its’ people and customers to cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months.
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact in an organisation that has already identified the need to and is invested in improving its technology offering.
You will be accountable for:
- Creating and proactively leading change initiatives which support our longer-term vision.
- Anticipating and predicting the long-term impact of national and international developments, within an area of expertise to inform the wider function and the council’s strategy.
- Using sound commercial judgement to find novel solutions to emerging and complex issues.
- Maximising digital technologies and innovation across the council and with stakeholders and partners.
- Translating the vision and strategy into strategies, goals and plans for the functional area.
- To manage relationships with customers, suppliers and partners to ensure the best outcomes for Essex.
- Proven success of running a technical function of similar scale either within Local Government or the Public Sector or potentially within a similar scale private sector business or consultancy
- Proven leadership skills and behaviours with the ability to inspire others, drive cultural change and forge strong teams from diverse backgrounds to achieve strategic objectives.
- An experienced and recognised expert in the leadership and delivery of a technology-based service
- Able to influence both strategically and corporately in a complex organisation.
- Understanding and/or experience of working in a political environment including with senior leaders.
- Evidence of ability to develop and deliver a functional strategy across complex and diverse activities.
For further information on this role – please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane.