Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 09/03/2020
Duration: 12 months
Salary: £400 per day
A Local Authority are currently embarking on a new and exciting programme of activity within their Customer portfolio.
The Modernising Customer Contact Programme (MCCP) is an initiative focusing on three key projects – Mitel Telephony Upgrade, Mitel Improvement Projects and Channel Shift Projects.
Within each project there is a programme of activity planned. They work in a collaborative way to remove/reduce non-value add customer contact, improve the customer experience and ensure that they have an efficient, modern Contact Centre, which provides appropriate information and great customer service. Organisations are increasingly delivering web-based methods of communication to enhance customer experience and reduce unnecessary calls into Contact Centres.
Similarly, the local authority is moving towards delivering a more sophisticated website to enable customers to easily access services without the need to call the Contact Centre.
This will be underpinned by guidance and support for vulnerable customers who are unable to use this channel of communication.
The Organisation Development & Change Practitioner will join a multifaceted team delivering MCCP. It will develop creative and innovative interventions within the Contact Centre which engage, motivate and ultimately empower leaders and their teams to take ownership for their development. This will change the conversation we have with our residents, where; although we will reduce calls, the expectation is that the calls we do take will be more complex, with our most vulnerable residents.
This role will act as an internal consultant and hands-on trainer to provide expert advice, support and challenge to the organisation in the design, delivery and evaluation of effective Contact Centre development and change interventions to foster a high performing culture where learning, change and diversity are the norm.
This role will work collaboratively across ODP & Service Design maximising the contribution, value and credibility this practice makes throughout the organisation.
They need someone who can deliver operational change as well strategic thinking.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record of not only scoping what their services could look like but also play a key role in operationally implementing and rolling out change in partnership with programme leads.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- A passion for innovation and a track record in using customer feedback to design and deliver meaningful change in an organisations, recognising tangible improvements to services.
- Strong understanding of leading edge organisation development and change theories and methods, with demonstrable experience of practical and successful application of these within a complex matrix environment.
- Previous experience of operational change including implementation and training of new ways of working delivering training to individuals, preferably in a Contact Centre setting or similar environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to engage with a range of partners and stakeholders clearly articulate messages to a range of audiences with differing levels of understanding.
- Able to confidently manage multiple stakeholders’ expectations.
- Ability to manage a demanding and diverse workload, remaining effective and credible under pressure.
- Previous experience of planning, designing, delivering and evaluating OD and change interventions, in a large and complex organisation.
- Strong experience in managing business transformation and change programmes and projects, with the ability to develop business cases, identify risks and create appropriate mitigation plans.
- Strong working knowledge of current business technology.
Outside Of Scope for IR35 – Regular Travel to Chelmsford and Colchester